[TowerTalk] Mast Collars

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast Collars
From: ersmar@comcast.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Mon Aug 4 20:14:01 2003
Larry:

     I did the same thing John did - used two back-to-back muffler clamps
and a pair of straight carriage bolts to hold them together.  However, you
might have to saw off about a quarter-inch of each tab on the clamp saddles
to they don't bump into each other when you put them around the mast.

     Before I installed them (one is atop the top bearing rather than using
the set screws to help support the mast and antenna weight, and the second
one is just holding onto the mast, so it's there when I need it), I cleaned
them with degreaser, then sprayed them with cold galvanizing.  For temporary
use, not a bad surface treatment.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F