[TowerTalk] Coax Disconnection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Disconnection
From: rellison@twcny.rr.com (Rick Ellison)
Date: Thu Aug 7 11:04:27 2003
Over the past couple of days we have had some pretty bad storms come
thru the area. This got me thinking and I'm looking for some
advice....

Over the next month or so I'm am revamping the corner desk my radio
stuff sits on with everything being mounted in panels and cabling not
being readily accessable. How do you disconnect your coaxes in this
type of situation? I have 4 coax's cominging from the antennas going to
the Rig. Right now only 2 are hooked up to the Rig and I change out
the ones I want on there. I'm thinking of using an antenna switch to
do this but do they really seperate the rig enough if a strike were to
come in on one of the antenna lines? On entry to the house I have a
ground panel which they all pass thru via bulkhead connectors. I have
ordered lightining protectors to go on the the ends of the bulkhead
connectors. I just really don't want to go to the basement everytime I
want to disconnect everything. Any comments would be appreciated....

73's Rick N2AMG
rellison@twcny.rr.com
AIM:n2amg