[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Printing QSL Info on Cards

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Printing QSL Info on Cards
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Wed Aug 13 17:15:54 2003
Hi Jos,

I also have a 970.  Colour & B&W reinking supplies are readily available
here in NA.  You get 3 bottles of coloured ink and a syringe for getting
the ink into the cartridge plus instructions.  I use this whenever I run
out of ink.  I've forgotten the price comparison but I think it works
out to something like 1/4 the cost of a new cartridge.  Unfortunately,
it probably won't work with your empty cartridges because by now the ink
will have dried and clogged the jets.  For this system to work you
pretty well have to do the reinking as soon as you run out.  You may be
able to unclog the jets with water but I haven't had much success with
old cartridges.

Hope this helps,

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO