[TowerTalk] Help with antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help with antenna
From: aa6dx@pacbell.net (AA6DX)
Date: Mon Aug 18 18:00:23 2003
Well, each and every Mosely I have ever had .. several ... preformed (sic)
exactly as I expected they would, and I have been quite satisfied.  My 5 el
20m (46' boom) came a little off on the pre-drilling, but I accepted that
without comment, due to the rush job to get it, to use in the CQWW DX  and
Sweepstakes contests.  Once set up, it flat kicked butt.  Wish I had it now,
but alas, it is on a happy hams tower in KL7 land somewhere ( I hope!)
Somewhere, I have pictures of that beam, on a Rohn 45g Flopover ..   up at
abut 80' (on a hilltop, natch!) --- in a Washington DC Ice Storm ... the
elements were, after a bend, 90? to the ground.   Happened more than once.
Come the warm up, the elements simply resumed their original straight shape!
Never mechanical probs.  The beam, installed at North Pole Alaska @ 75'
would kick butt with any other setup in the area.   The Classic 36 set up
got thousands of hams to get their first DXCC.   I have, I think 2wo TA-33s
stored on my roof..... a Sr and a Jr, if old-tymers memory works ... AND ...
somebody bring me $250 cash and take home the PRO67-B stored up there.   All
that said..... used my A3 for the Lighthouse weekend, Field Day type setup,
at USA 855 .. first time ham radio from Trinidad Head .. worked swell.  73,
y'all --- Mark
AA6DX