Re: [TowerTalk] 8 pin rotor quick disconnects

To: lew@teleport.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 8 pin rotor quick disconnects
From: Lew <lew@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:55:51 -0700
Frank Mayer wrote:
Pin the mast and forget it..I have never had a mast failure after pinning
it..  I had a Pr0-67C up for 5 years and now I use a Force 12 C-36XR (13
elements 40-10 on a 36 foot boom) with a Yaesu G-1000 DXA.

My mast didn't fail when I pinned it through the Yaesu G-1000DXA, but the rotator sure did. Sounded like shaking a box of Cherrios after I got it out from under a DXE log-periodic. I shaved a M*M RC2800 to fit into a US Tower 572 and then put serious tight (tm) on the mast/rotator clamp. Works fine now except for some branches from a local fir tree that is begging for a Stihl solution.
73 and I remain,
Lew W7EW/W7AT