RE: [TowerTalk] Tower base hole?

To: "TowerTalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Tower base hole?
From: "Dale L Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:53:02 -0500

> Their advance man had said it was OK for
> the truck, it would fit between the trees, so I was "off the hook" for all
> that labor.

Interesting.

Shouldn't you have also been 'off the hook' for the additional concrete
costs you sustained by the backhoe operator giving you a
larger-than-requested/ordered hole?

Is backhoeing what the backhoe operator does for a living?

If so, it seems to me that it's awfully unprofessional/unbusinesslike to
give the customer a hole larger than ordered/requested knowing the customer
will have to pay for more concrete/material to fill it.

Might be a good point for others hiring backhoe & operator to stipulate in
writing that any excess hole size costs are to be borne by the backhoe
operator.

???

73,
dale, kg5u