Re: Fw: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower base hole?

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower base hole?
From: kb9yku <kb9yku@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 03:39:22 -0500
how big do it need to be can you use a 55 gel drum as a form or as a safety cage wane it get one drum deep add 2ed one or old home heating oil tanks ends removed
i seen a parking lot lite pole installed they dug the hole concreted a 55 gel drum with ends out than pored it full with bolts and re bar cage for the street light post
i take it the concrete out side drum went all the way too the bottom or deeper
it was in a fulled parking lot
filled with brick building brick from a torn down building
soo hand digging would have been painful
ken
kb9yku