[TowerTalk] Traps or No Traps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Traps or No Traps
From: "Mel" <mel.martin@axare.mail.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:21:43 -0400
Oh bull!!! I have a TH7 and it is (was) a great performing antenna...
Until the traps failed. It also didn't work if there was any ice or snow
on it. Kept it going until a major ice storm damaged it. But I'll not
use another antenna with traps. The "state of the art" has advanced.
With computer modeling, it's now possible to build interlaced yagis
whereas before it was difficult because there were just too many
variables to tweak. The "advantage" has little to do with gain... It's
the removal of the big weakness of trap antennas... Traps. I wouldn't
take down a TH7 because of the traps... When they are working, they work
very well. But I wouldn't choose one today over a trapless design.

P.S. Please pass along the mathematical proof that trap antennas are
equal or superior to interlaced designs.

P.P.S. Please let us know where the "Tribander Report" violated
scientific principles, so we can be forewarned.

>>> This debate has been going on since the 1960's. Stay with your TH7.
Dont get caught up in all this novelty stuff. The people who push these
non
trap antennas go by what is in that tribander report and like i said an
unscientific one at that. One cannot dispute mathematics. Gain is a
product
of Boom Length.