Re: [TowerTalk] C31-XR versus KT36XA

To: bryanr@bometals.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31-XR versus KT36XA
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:26:08 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/03 9:36:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bryanr@bometals.com writes:

> I'm glad you brought up the business about Steve & Ward's (otherwise
>  excellent) tribander report.  It's a real shame that the ONE antenna that
>  got botched was the XA.

    Actually several other XA owners told us that theirs were identical to
the test antenna.

    FYI any XA that came out of KLM once they moved to Washington State was
suspect since they made wholesale aluminum substitutions that created problems.
They couldn't get the parts from their suppliers because they didn't pay them
so they shipped anything they had in stock that was close.

>  It sure would have been interesting to see
>  how the XA stacks up to the more recent designs

    Sure. Get us a KT36XA and we'll be happy to include it in our next round
of tests.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH