Re: [TowerTalk] C31-XR versus KT36XA

To: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31-XR versus KT36XA
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:59:40 EDT
I would like to add to what K4OJ has written about the KT 34XA.

I have used the KT 34XA and it's junior model over the last twenty years as
either the main antenna, or as in the last 15 years or so as my S/P antenna for
SO2R operation.  Yup, it is made up of lots of parts, but the result is a
very good antenna.  The main problems are contacts at the shorting straps but
that is easily overcome by putting a small self-tapping stainles steel screw at
the joint.

I currently use the XA at 65 feet for S/P and it is an important part of my
set up.  If anyone wants to get rid of the one they have cheap because it
"doesn't work", let me know.  I want it!

Bill K4XS