Re: [TowerTalk] Source for Long Forged Eye Screws?

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Source for Long Forged Eye Screws?
From: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:09:32 +0100
#1 - Easier answer: Buy a steel ring of suitable size. Buy a lag bolt of
suitable size. Get your local welding shop to weld the ring on to the
bolt-top. The advantage here is that the bolt can still be screwed into the
tree with a spanner. Treat with cold-galvanising paint if you're worried
about rust.

#2 - Nicer answer: Prepare a simple drawing of what you need. Find your
nearest blacksmith in the phone book and get him/her to make what you need.
It'll cost more, and be at the top of the tree where no one will see it, but
hey, it'll be exactly what you want, and you'll be supporting a valuable but
fading craft. Think of it as supporting the future skill base.

73s Tim EI8IC
www.qsl.net/ei8ic
The home of the Global Overlay Mapper
The most comprehensive free prefix maps on the web.