Re: [TowerTalk] K6STI YO / AO Programs?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K6STI YO / AO Programs?
From: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 22:27:55 -0800
Is it Deja Vu, or is this the third time that Gary has blasted Brian about the same thing?

At 01:57 PM 11/09/2003 -0800, you wrote:
Bill Tippett wrote:

> ............Brian has always been very helpful and responsive to me. My most recent experience was when he spent ~1 hour with me on the
> phone helping me solve a configuration problem for DSP Blaster........

I am glad to read so many positive messages about YO as I have been a bit upset for 2 years having paid Brian $100 and, at first, it wouldn't even run for me. You see, after receiving YO
and executing it, the screen was a mush of colors and text, completely unusable. I pleaded for help and Brian repeatedly told me to 'read the manual and build a yo.set file'. After a week
of explaining that I didn't have that skill and did not understand how to do this he finally emailed me the file (along with some unsolicited and unwelcome personal comments) which I
installed to fix the problem. Not long after that I had another similiar minor but show-stopping problem and he again verbally pushed me away as though I wasn't worth his time. I feel Brian
was most unprofessional with me in 2001 but it sounds like my experience with him is not the norm. My copy is v. 7.5 and I too would like to obtain any upgrades but the thought of
communicating with Brian again makes my stomach turn.
73,
Gary

Dino...k6rix@earthlink.net