RE: [TowerTalk] Crank-up won't crank

To: <K3BU@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Crank-up won't crank
From: "Scott Holisky" <sholisky@tpt.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:16:01 -0600
I'd sure think this process through...  I were strapped on the tower and
portion of it suddenly lowered my first reaction would be to lean/grab into the
tower for stability, BU hooks and all.

Don't know about your luck, but Mr. Murphy shows up every time I should of
"know better", so now I just give in and play it safe. :) (Bucket Truck)

GL - Scott  N0AR

From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com on behalf of K3BU@aol.com

Crank up towers can be climbable with "climbing tools."
The problem is, you don't want to insert anything (feet, fingers) inside the
tower, in case sections come crashing down and cut your feet or hands. .....BU
hooks" you should be
able to insert the safety crosspiece and do the work on the tower.

Yuri, K3BU