[TowerTalk] Tram

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tram
From: "Stan Stockton" <stan@aqity.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:53:57 -0600
I put up most antennas for 25 years using a single wire tram with the
pulleys, etc. but lately, when there is tree clearance have chosen to just
pull the antenna straight up the tower in the horizontal position, removing
and re-attaching guy wires as I get to them.  This simple method has worked
quite well especially for some very heavy antennas - 200 lbs +.  If you have
three people with come-alongs and cable grippers, it goes up very quickly
with a vehicle doing the lifting.  My son and I put up a 7L56' yagi at 90
feet in about two hours total time this way.  Just another obvious
alternative that I have chosen to use.

Ok, enough thinking about antennas and back to selling parking equipment...

Stan, K5GO