RE: [TowerTalk] Tram

To: "Blake Bowers" <bbowers@townsqr.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Tram
From: "Matt" <aa7bg@3rivers.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:06:34 -0700
No, we used the pickup truck to pull up a 20 foot chromolloy mast. I built
the mast into the first two sections of Rohn 45. I then ginned the mast up
to the top inside the tower and snaked it through the TB3 bearing. With
about 4 feet coming out the top, I then trammed by hand the 2 ele 40 up and
bolted it on the mast using a setup described by K7LXC. I then did a three
wrap of rope low on the mast (which was still inside the tower lattice
proper) and then ginned it up another 10 feet or so by pulling on the rope
with the pickup truck. The rope was down to the ground and through another
pulling as LXC described. Now instead of the 40 beam at 85' it is now at 95'
making room for the 20 yagi to be mounted below.Then on a later day, I
trammed the 5 ele 20 up and bolted it on. This was after installing the
rotor (about 8 feet down from the tower top). I do have another bearing (a
wood block mounted to an assy shelf) that allows me to change out rotors as
I have had to do once since it all went up in 1996.

73,
Matt--K7BG