Re: [TowerTalk] INSURANCE

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] INSURANCE
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:05:02 -0500
I absolutely agree with Steve: Full replacement insurance is the only way to fly. The extra cost is nominal. I can't seem to find the specific cost on my current policy, but I believe it was about $62 annually when I lived in NJ. I recently suffered a major crash of my tower and quad during a sudden wind storm here. They covered the cost of removal of the old tower and antenna and the purchase and installation of replacements including labor, minus $1,000 deductible. I don't believe the ARRL insurance comes anywhere close to that kind of coverage.

73, Joe