[TowerTalk] Insurance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Insurance
From: "Michael J.Castellano" <km1r@cshore.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:41:20 -0500
I have everything (including three self Rohn SSV and LP-1007 log peridocics)
covered on my homeowners. (the towrs are an accesory structure at about Two
($2) a year more!   My carrier is the Hartford.

A while back i sustained damage to my HDR-300 and my 6 el 20m monobander. The
agent came out, looked at it and said:
"replace it, but make it stronger, so I wont have to come out in  another year"

So we went for Telrex rotors and commercial antennas... they never batted an
eye, though they did resaerve the
right to collect any receipts and inpsect the new install (they never did on
both counts.)

I am happy with them, they are happy with me...  not sure if the ARRL insurance
is cost effective
when one can throw it on the homeowners.

All the gear is personal property, and as stated before, the towers, antennas,
rotors and feedlines are accessory structures.

Good luck, Merry Christmas!

73

Mike KM1R