Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor replacement

To: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor replacement
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:56:32 -0000

On 27 Dec 2003 Jim White, K4OJ wrote:

> the recovering W2UP wrote:
>

> > 2.  Carrying a T2X in a backpack up and down the tower is very
> > tiring
>
> If you revers the top u-bolt on a T2X or Ham-X so that the curved part
> of the u-bolt is in the mast area and then put the nuts on it you have
> a great place to attach a beener to - as a matter of fact this can be
> latched onto your climbing belt... this is also nice when you get
> topside as you can snap the beener on a tower rung...

I don't like attaching anything other than my lanyard(s) (especially
something that weighs 20-25 lbs.) to my climbing belt.  Makes me feel
safer.  Not that it matters for home use, but I bet there's some OSHA
reg prohibiting it.

If it's any consolation, I do have a beener attached to nylon loop at
the top of my backpack, which I snapped to a tower rung before
removing it from my back.

<snip>
73,
Barry--