Re: [TowerTalk] Plot Plan Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Plot Plan Question
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:40:11 EST
In a message dated 1/2/2004 9:20:01 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
K7LXC@aol.com writes:

> The big thing that they want to look at are where the underground
> utilities are and where the sewer/septic tank drain field is.
>
>     If you don't know the locations of the above, PLEASE call the 800-number
>
> for the national locating company. Someone will come out and find most
> everything for no charge. Even if you have to hire someone yourself, it's
> still a
> cheap investment.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve     K7LXC
> TOWER TECH -
> Professional tower services for commercial and amateur
> 888-833-3104

In addition to using the drawing for ug utlity locations, some areas with
setback restrictions will want to check your drawing to see if you have
complied
with proposed location of tower setback.

Re location of underground utlities, most of the "free" locating services are
funded by the utilities and have no interest in locating your septic tank,
since your damage to those structures falls under the "we dont care" category.
:-( You'll have to do that yourself. Here, a drawing of where my septic tank
was loacted was part of my closing papers but separate from the survey. No
problem plotting that in though on my application plat plan.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona USA