Re: [TowerTalk] Attach tower to house?

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Attach tower to house?
From: "Tower" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:11:31 -0500
I just joined the mailing list although I've been a member of the DX group
for some time.
I did tell some one on the rec.radio.amateur.antenna that my insurance
company ( Currently Auto Owner's, my wife tells me - It used to be State
Farm as I recall) was very adamant about not attaching the tower to the
house.

My home owners policy covers the tower as an "additional structure" at a
value of 10% that of the home at no additional cost. They do the same for my
shop and any other "additional structures".  It would require a rider if
attached to the house, or if I wished to insure it for more than 10% the
value of the house.

Having gone back through the archives on this and reading different
approaches, it would be "my guess" that different companies may treat this
issue differently. Some say to be covered, have the tower attached to the
home and mine says not to.   So for those who have concerns, I'd contact
your own insurance company and find how this is best handled.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com