Re: [TowerTalk] Attach tower to house?

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Attach tower to house?
From: edoc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:19:08 -0500
My experience in different states with different insurance companies
has varied.

Some don't care, some want to cover nothing not "permanently" attached
to the main structure, some wanted the tower far enough away to not
strike the house if it falls (and the same distance from the neighbors house).

Best talk to your agent before siting the tower.

73, doc kd4e

Alan Beagley wrote:
One of the participants in this forum told me -- in personal email, not in a public message -- that his insurance co. insisted that his tower must be attached (by whatever means he could devise) to the house.

Now a participant in the rec.radio.amateur.antenna newsgroup has reported that his insurance co. refused to insure his tower if it was connected to the house (coax des not count).

Which is the norm? Or does it depend on the whim of the insurance co.?

Alan AB2OS