RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12

To: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12
From: "Roger Huntley" <snr.huntley@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:52:46 -0800
No brainer........... Go with the SteppIR.

I have a C31XR with a 402CD above that on a 75 foot tower and a SteppIR on a
80 foot tree.  Some days I get a "slight" gain on the C31 and some days I
get a "slight" gain on the SteppIR.  Obviously these are not measured gains,
just on air experience.  It is nice to be able to switch directions on the
SteppIR and both antennas went through an ice storm last winter with no
problems, except to scare me when I saw them with elements drooping
downward.  Both antennas came back up with no visible damage.

Roger, W7VV