Re: [TowerTalk] Quickly releasable knot

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quickly releasable knot
From: "VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 01:16:18 -0000
To get sufficient space between the tag lines, yet allow them to be untied
from the center is simply a matter of tying the knot in the center and
running it out along the boom and then dropping it over an outer element and
down to the ground.  You need to make sure the rope will not pinch between
the element and the boom. A stiffer/slippery rope like cheap yellow poly is
a good choice since the free end won't whip as badly and is less likely to
tie itself into a knot (hitch) around something.  If you are concerned about
it catching, just let the tower guy hold onto the rope before he unties it,
the whipping action will be much more controlled....

73 Don
VE6JY