Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting cross brace on Rohn 65

To: "KJ6RA" <kj6ra@starband.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting cross brace on Rohn 65
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:58:18 -0500
You may be able to turn the motor by removing the bolts to the gear case and
positioning it horizontally.  I had to do that with mine.

A word of warning, that gear head is full of oil and I'd call the company
about doing the move.  I did on mine and it works fine. At least it has for
the past two years.

> I am looking for some opinions on possibly cutting one cross brace to
> accommodate a rotator.

I would not cut the cross brace

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com