Re: [TowerTalk] Why not thicker Stainless cable?

To: "Tuva Traveler" <tuvaorbust@hotmail.com>, aa4lr@arrl.net,fjx1@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why not thicker Stainless cable?
From: "Marlon Schafer (509-982-2181)" <ooe@odessaoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:05:05 -0800
Back when I was in the Air Force we used stainless for guy wires on utility
poles that were right down on the ocean.  I've never seen one break.

We didn't have all that many of them though.

I brought some home with me and we've used it for years to pull 4x4s out of
the mud for mud racing.  Never broke one there either, only pulled the ends
loose.  As I recall it's 3/8".

Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless