[TowerTalk] w4an

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] w4an
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:33:18 -0000
Wow...I'm shocked.  Since I get the refectors in daily digest form,
my reaction is delayed somewhat.

Last QSO I had with Bill was a 3way mobile cw chat with W3BB, as I was
driving in a snowstorm, en route to Montreal.

It was a couple of years ago, now, but the conversation continued
right to the parking garage at Dorval.  Must have been 1.5Hrs.
I had to stop, periodically, and shake the rime ice off the loading
coils.  WHAT a hoot that was.

Recently, Bill was helping me pull together an outreach program for
AMSAT, aimed at increasing membership and informing folks about
satellites.

As we remember Bill, we inevitably contemplate our own mortality.
When it's someone as young as Bill, it's particularly sobering.

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org