RE: [TowerTalk] W4AN Silent Key

To: wc1m@msn.com, <towertalk@contesting.com>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] W4AN Silent Key
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:33:01 -0400
At 01:30 PM 4/5/04, Dick Green WC1M wrote:
I was also impressed with how
he kept the contesting.com reflectors going even when it became apparent
that they were hurting him financially. I donated whenever he asked. If you
think about it, these reflectors have made one of the greatest contributions
to contesting and amateur  radio of any innovation since the beginning of
the hobby. Whatever becomes of them, I hope that we will find a way to
permanently remember Bill as the founder and visionary who made it possible.

Can you imagine a better permanent, living memorial to Bill than for us to find a way to keep contesting.com rolling on into the future? I have begun working inside PVRC to build a consensus in support of this undertaking, and hope that the other contest clubs will do the same. If this builds the momentum I hope it will, then at the right moment (soon!) we can engage with the remaining members of the contesting.com team to figure out how to make it happen.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
is back, at www.pvrc.org