Re: [TowerTalk] Using riding mower to run radials (2nd Try)

To: <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>, <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using riding mower to run radials (2nd Try)
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-Online.Net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:30:26 -0500
If you are going to lay them on top of the ground, the old wooden
clothespins (without the spring) work fine every 2 or three feet to get them
down into the grass.  They are hard to find but can be located in the hobby
section for making clothepin dolls.  They may not appreciate it when you
take all four or five bags they have but they ARE fro sale or they wouldn't
be there.  Lawn mower will simply clip them off without damage if you really
mow that close to the ground otherwise they rot away in short time.  I
scoffed at the idea until I tried several other methods I thought would be
better, but then I went and got the pins and that is all I use now.

73, de Jim KG0KP