Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Painting

To: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-1@dfwair.net>,"Bill Austin" <billaustin@powernet.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Painting
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:00:43 -0400
Bill:

     I have a 64-foot Trylon in my suburban backyard.  I, too, had
considered painting same after I installed it in 2001.  After reading the
advice of folks here on TT and thinking about it, I decided NOT to paint the
tower.  That's a process that will of necessity have to be repeated every
few (?) years.

     My main concern, like yours I believe, was to camouflage the bottom of
the structure.  (The top disappears in among the trees in my back yard.)
But I have received no complaints from any of my neighbors about anything
unsightly since I put up the tower.  I suppose we all (my neighbors and my
family) have gotten used to the appearance (or disappearance) of this
structure in the clutter of suburbia.

     Before you decide, take into consideration all the responses you're
likely to get here on TT.  Good luck.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F