[TowerTalk] 40m beam / interactions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m beam / interactions
From: corneliuspaul@gmx.net
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:00:55 +0200
Hello,

if you are talking about interactions between 40m and higher bands
(15m is worst, 20m is much less affected, 10m is no problem most of the times),
in my opinion it is not important which brand of 40m antenna you buy.

It is the simple laws of physics (2nd harmonic, 3rd harmonic, etc.),
has nothing to do with any brand.

when talking about the highband beam, things might be a bit different.
Depending on the type of design (heavily or loosely coupled parasitic
elements, traps or no traps, all driven (lpda) or yagi/uda style)
one design will react more critical to nearby objects (antennas or other
metallic objects) while others might be more tolerant.

At least that is how I understand it.

73,
Con DF4SA