[TowerTalk] Stacking Trylon Sections

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking Trylon Sections
From: "Byron Tatum" <bjtatum@ev1.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:25:48 -0500
Hello-
    Believe it or not, I installed my Trylon T-500-72 alone.Cemented the legs /
bottom section suspended over hole using 2" x 6" frame pieces bolted to legs,
sitting on concrete cinder blocks.
    Then, I used a 20' piece of 1-1/2" water pipe lashed to the side of section
with a 4:1 block and tackle arrangement to install the next 2 sections, then I
re-rigged block for 2:1 for remainder of tower install, moving and relashing
"gin pole" for each section. I tied the water pipe to tower section in 5 places
each time, it was very sturdy and rigid.
    Oil field rigging experience was definately a plus here!
    CUL, Byron WA5THJ.