[TowerTalk] Convert a Ham IV to a T2X?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Convert a Ham IV to a T2X?
From: Rob Frohne <frohro@wwc.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:44:31 -0700
Hi All,

I noted on the following page that there seem to be few differences between the Ham IV and the T2X rotors. http://www.rotordoc.com/history.html
I am getting ready to put up a new antenna, and so have opened up my Ham IV to find out what needed to be fixed. There were several issues (it was turning a 4 element quad for several years). One of the issues is that one of the four bolts that holds the bell housing to the brake housing has a bolt broken off in it. I have two of these Ham IV's that I was swapping out as necessary for maintenance. My other one has had the bell housing drilled and tapped for larger bolts once and is in need of it again. I think moving to a T2X looks like a better idea than just replacing these parts, especially since it looks like there may be only a few extra parts to make it a T2X. (I already have CATS super wedge.) Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,

Rob
--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.