Re: [TowerTalk] 9913; Rotor loops

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <ooe@odessaoffice.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 9913; Rotor loops
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:23:27 -0400
> Like Marlon, I have also given up on heat shrink with or
without the internal
> "glue" for sealing connectors. The weather seal is not
robust enough to
> survive hot summer/cold winter temperature cycles.

Gosh, we used it all the time in the CATV industry and even
in broadcast work and it always has worked flawlessly. In
the CATV industry, we used it extensively to seal buried
splices and never had a problem.

I just cut some off my splices in some heliax put on in
1999, and everything was perfect under the shrink. The only
thing I've ever seen that is a problem is cutting the stuff
off.

Maybe there is some cheap stuff around. I'll try to get a
part number for the good stuff.