RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] The Trojan Horse (BPL)

To: 'on4kj' <on4kj@skynet.be>, towertalk@contesting.com,Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] The Trojan Horse (BPL)
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:50:47 -0700
Doubt a few volts of RF carried by wiring 100+ feet over our heads will do
much...especially since they're conducting hundreds of amps at 70kV+ at 60
Hz, at the same time.  I'm not at all concerned about health and safety (to
consumers) with BPL, just RFI!  Gotta believe there will be the occasional
accident at the couplers, though..."oops, when connecting up this modem,
somehow 140kV jumped out and grabbed me..." might read the epitaph of some
field techs...  -WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill