[TowerTalk] Yaesu ATAS-120 and ATAS-100 mobile antennas

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu ATAS-120 and ATAS-100 mobile antennas
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 16:38:43 -0400
I'm wondering if someone can tell me the difference between the Yaesu
ATAS-120 and the Yaesu ATAS-100 HF mobile antennas.  I have the 100 and have
seen there's a newer version, the 120, out.

My interest is in putting one on a short tower or sidemounted as a little
backup, for portable, and of course mobile, which is what I usually use it
for.  It could serve as a quickie "noise antenna" for noise canceling
purposes, though, for a home station.

For portable, at a seaside location, it should be 6db superior to horizontal
antennas, being a vertical -- great for an oceanfront balcony, on top of the
beach umbrella, etc.

73 - Rich, KE3Q