[TowerTalk] RE: ATAS-120 vs ATAS-100

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: ATAS-120 vs ATAS-100
From: Bgsalesmel@cs.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 01:30:18 EDT

Rich,
I have one of the ATAS-100's also and from "observation" alone I think the
only real difference is "how" they cover the exposed coil portion of the stick.
On our's they use that folded rubber boot - whereas, on the ATAS-120 they
appear to have used an "over-sleeve" of rigid plastic fixed on the upper end
just
below the whip and floating on the lower end/edge. I worry that while making
miles in my van someday a road apple (rock) is going to hit that folded rubber
and do some real damage inside...Up here in the NW USA they use some rather
large "sand" during the winter on the Intestates and after breakup many trucks
toss them high in the air. I replace my windshield every 2 years, sometimes
yearly, mostly during the spring months.

Hope this helps.

Mel
KD7DCR

Message: 4