[TowerTalk] Andrews 1/2" Heliax Connectors

To: portscom@hotmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Andrews 1/2" Heliax Connectors
From: John Lloyd <lloyd@ussc.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:27:54 -0600
John,

Use the Andrews connectors. They make the UHF style versions. I am
guessing that you have the FSJ4-50 cable. This is 1/2" superflex cable.
The UHF male connector is a 44ASP and the UHF female connector is a
44ASU. These connectors have an O ring seal that helps seal out water
migration. You still need cover up the connector with butyl rummer
sealant and 3M "88" electrical tape to seal out water.

You can find UHF style Andrew connectors and butyl rubber sealant cheap
on Ebay.

John, K7JL

Message: 8