Re: [TowerTalk] Amidon Inc.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amidon Inc.
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 00:22:46 -0700
Gee Chuck,

I was going to write and say I have had excellent service from Amidon. Just to check I picked up the last box of ferrites I ordered to see whose name is on it. Oh . . . . Palomar.

OK, I have had excellent service from Palomar.

Thanks for telling us about Amidon.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Chuck Counselman wrote:

I have bought about $2,000 worth of ferrite beads, toroids, cores, etc. from Amidon (now d/b/a/ Amidon Inc.) within the last few years; and I have recommended Amidon as a source of ferrite products to many hams, individually and via four email lists, including this one.

Now I warn _against_ buying from Amidon, because I have had problems with _three_ of my last seven orders. These problems began two years ago, about when Dr. Bob Yuan and his family began running the company.