Re: [TowerTalk] Heath Cantenna

To: jimlux@earthlink.net, mark@concertart.com,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heath Cantenna
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 15:24:09 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/04 11:24:15 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jimlux@earthlink.net writes:
Why would it be deadly?  They're filled with oil.

You're probably thinking about PCBs?

Let's not get too hasty and complacent here. In the early-mid 70s before the
PCB transformer notoriety, in Detroit for sure, many amateurs were having
their dummy loads filled with transformer oils. The guys in Salvage at Detroit
Edison back then made this a standard deal to their friends.Unknown to them
they
were PCB oils since the PCB "problem" didnt raise its ugly head until later in
the decade.

I am sure their were many other utility people that offered the same
"service".

I.e. Mark....you have no idea what is in that Cantenna.

73, Bob K8IA
in the shadow of the Superstition Mtns
Arizona USA
http://www.members.aol.com/bobk8ia/index.htm