Re: [TowerTalk] RF exposure and my neighbor

To: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <wattaway@bellsouth.net>,"Todd Coulter" <coulter@bellsouth.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF exposure and my neighbor
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 05:04:33 -0700
Todd,

Seems to me that you want to find some way to emphasize that the
exposure your neighbor will get from your installation is way way
smaller than what he will get from having a cellphone in his pocket
or wireless LAN modem in every room of his house. Psychologically
that will probably be more effective than showing compliance
with the ANSI limits. The other thing to emphasize is the low duty
cycle. Unless you have beacon transmitters running, most of the time
our equipment is off, and when it is on, most of the time we are
listening.