Re: [TowerTalk] Broken Rohn 25G Base Section

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broken Rohn 25G Base Section
From: "Mike Rhodes" <weightdn@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 20:19:36 -0400
I cut the 'bloody stub' off flush with the base, grouted the old legs shut
and bought the Rohn 25GSSB base. Drilled 4 holes and installed 'L' bolts as
large as would fit the holes in the plate. Think they were the size Rohn
sells for the 45G plate but they filled the holes nicely. Used the special
epoxy cement (can't remember the actual name but believe it is no-expansion
stuff) to secure the new bolts and used a nut and washer above and below the
plate so it would be leveled when everything set up. Use some wood shims and
the base plate to keep the bolts in place while the epoxy cures. The bulk of
the installation info came from right here on Tower Talk. Thanks again guys.

Mike / W8DN