Re: [TowerTalk] Broken Rohn 25G Base Section

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broken Rohn 25G Base Section
From: rkstover@mchsi.com
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:09:08 +0000
<<And the fourth reason is that 25G leg wall is really THIN. I don't think
they're thick enough to weld too without putting a hole in the material. You
can't Cadweld them either.>>

I regularly welded much thinner material than a 25G tower leg.
20ga cold rolled sheet steel formed into "louvers" for 5th wheel tailgates.
They were welded with butt joints against 14ga side channels. The tubing in a
25G tower leg would be considered a "vacation".

--
Systems/Networking
Iowa Quality Beef LLC

e-mail: