Re: [TowerTalk] Erections

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Erections
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:44:11 +0200

Forget about washers or tread lock stuff. Properly done the bolts/nuts should be installed to the correct torque using a torquewrench. A good idéa is to use ordinary flat washers out of very hard steel under each nut.

73 good luck / Jim SM2EKM

K8fu@aol.com wrote:
Regarding my earlier lockwasher question. This is a 90' steel self supporting twr.
At this juncture of my life there are times when I can barely walk let alone climbing 90' every 3 yrs to ck bolts.
It seems to me that with the addition of lock or star washers this could be a set it and forget it operation.
Even though this is a self supporting twr with not a lot of windloading I do intend to affix a torsion bar at the top to prevent the twr from twisting and torque.

Froggy       K8FU
Take a Frog To Lunch                                     Tomorrow