[TowerTalk] Replying to the list...AGAIN!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Replying to the list...AGAIN!
From: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:58:41 -0700
The message below was in reference to "cutting aluminum tubes". Here the poster had a very good question and received a good number of replies! I would have liked to see these replies as I'm sure I could have learned something from them. BUT, because replies to a DISCUSSION list are sent back PRIVATE unless someone takes the TIME to redirect their answer to the list, we all loose out!

Now, I figure I could ask the very same question so I could get the desired replies. But do you want to say it all over again when it has already been covered? On top of that, I would probably have gotten two replies per answer as I would be copied on the message as well as the list. That doesn't make sense!

I would RESPECTFULLY ask that we give it a TRIAL RUN! August is just around the corner. Its very simple to click the button to allow replies to go to the list rather than the original poster (which he will get because he is ON the list). Lets try it for the month of August and see how it goes! If everyone hates it, it can be changed back and I will never ever ever mention it again. But, if it helps others and really really really becomes part of a discussion, then we are all better off for it!

Unless I'm wrong and this is not a discussion list. Rather, its an "ASK JEEVES" type list where people come to get answers with little desire to discuss the "why" behind the answer.

:-)