Re: [TowerTalk] Replying to the list...AGAIN!

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replying to the list...AGAIN!
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:51:55 -0500
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:56:47 -0700, Robert Shauger wrote:

>I suspect that some people may reply in private to avoid possible flame
>comments.

Yes, but perhaps they have thinner skins than they should. A reply is NOT a
flame if it
says "I think you're wrong and here's why." That's peer review, and it helps
keep all of
us straight. It prevents our misconceptions from being taken as gospel, and
sometimes
the guy who says "you're wrong" is wrong. When that happens, others can chime
in and
straighten things out. That's what ham radio, peer review, and shared knowledge
are all
about. That's a major strong point of a list like this -- the shared knowledge
and thinking
of many folks.

As has been said, my delete key works real well. That's a major reason why I
hate
digests -- my delete key doesn't work!

Jim Brown  K9YC