RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] spider balls

To: "'kk9a@arrl.net'" <kk9a@arrl.net>, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] spider balls
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:38:18 -0700
Lightning ceases over big antenna farms?  I sure haven't seen that happen...

Biggest lightning damage I've ever seen occurred at WC2K in southern NJ
about 19 or so years ago.  Rick had big towers, including a self-supporter
about 120 feet high...very, very, very, very well grounded.  Lightning took
out most of his station, and he told me he literally sat there and watched
it happen.  Not much you can do about it when your rigs are exploding in
sequence on benches all around you.  I didn't see it happen, but I saw the
aftermath, and it wasn't pretty.  Thankfully, the house was saved.
-WB2WIK/6