Re: [TowerTalk] Calculations

To: WarrenWolff@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Calculations
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:53:47 -0700
And why does a major tower manufacturer stick to outdated UBC-97 50 and 70 MPH wind calcs rather than the newer IBC-2000 specs. UST did send me a nice set of drawings based on UBC-97 that my Bldg Dept said were great IF they were based on IBC-2000 instead. I suppose some hams will order and install the towers without a Bldg Permit or some Bldg Depts still accept the UBC-97 specs, but why can't they provide what the Bldg Dept requires?
Even my local AES store tried to get the IBC-2000 specs for me and were also unsuccessful.

WarrenWolff@aol.com wrote:

And once a fellow gets a set of 90 MPH calculations for $250 or so, why, o'
why should any future sales of the same calculations cost the next fellow the
same $250? The non-recurring cost should be minimal; right?
Warren
W5KKW

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com