[Fwd: [TowerTalk] GPS receivers]

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [Fwd: [TowerTalk] GPS receivers]
From: Steve <steveac@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:48:39 -0400
I appreciate the helpful replies to my inquiry regarding GPS receivers, some to the reflector and others directly to me.

Perhaps I should have been more specific regarding what I hope to accomplish with the GPS receiver. In the next few years I hope to move out of the city to a more rural area where I will have enough property for antennas. From time to time I visit a piece of property in which I have enough interest to do some further analysis with HFTA. Having a GPS receiver in my pocket to capture the lat/long of the potential tower site would be quite helpful as well as eliminate a potential source of error that could be introduced in finding the site on a map. A few of you suggested that the most basic GPS receivers would meet this need, that seems to put the cost in the hundred dollar range.

Several directed me to a web site, http://gpsinformation.net, which has helped me up the learning curve a good bit.

Thanks everyone!

Steve