Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR Vert

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR Vert
From: "Larry Phipps" <larry@telepostinc.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:09:46 -0400
I think the original hypothesis involved a BiggIR, so I assumed 40m was needed.
The problem with any array, parasitic or otherwise, is that more than a 2:1
bandwidth with fixed spacing would be very difficult unless you were willing to
take a big hit on 10m.

If the main need was 20-10 meters, then I would view verticals as a last resort
only if no tower or beam were allowed. Even 2 el SteppIR on a roof tripod would
outperform a ground mounted vertical array I think.

Larry N8LP