[TowerTalk] use of flourescents

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] use of flourescents
From: "htoner2000" <htoner2000@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:12:33 -0400
Hi,
We have what seems to us an unusual problem.  I just recently installed
flourescent bulbs in all of our table lamps, recessed lighting etc.  When we
turn on the flourescent flood lights in our bathroom, (recessed), lighting, the
clocks in our bedroom run faster.  They flip to a new minute every 30 seconds.
If they are then turned off, the clocks go back to normal.  We have tested this
time after time.  At first we thought we just had a problem with the clocks in
our bedroom.  Then we took one of the clocks from another bedroom, which was
keeping perfect time and put it in our bedroom.  Immediately it started running
faster.  The clock that we took out of our bedroom and placed in the other
room, continues to run faster when the bathroom lights are on.  Go figure.
This is the room where the clock was keeping perfect time.  The clock/radio in
the bathroom keeps perfect time, with lights on or off.  HELP !!!!!!!!!!
Our microwave clock and stove clock seem to be fine.  We love all the light we
get from the flourescents and that they are using less energy, but the clocks
are there for a reason.
If you have any insight into this, please feel free to let me know.
Thank you in advance,
Bill Harney
517-282-2621